A little brown and white rabbit wandered through the woods. She was happy as could be because she knew her mother had a surprise waiting for her when she got home. She loved surprises. As she hopped along through the trees giving a look to all her friends as she passed by, her thoughts kept returning to what treat might be waiting for her.
Now, get a piece of writing paper and complete the story by answering and writing about the following questions:
- What types of things did the rabbit hope would be waiting for her?
- Why did her mother tell her she would get a surprise when she got home?
- What kind of home does the rabbit live in? Provide detail about where she lives. What did it smell like? What does it look like inside? How does it make her feel to be home?
- What is the surprise that her mother has for her? Was it something she had thought about? Or was it something unexpected? What was her reaction? Is she happy? Disappointed? Does the surprise have special meaning or purpose?
- What do they say to each other? How does the story end?